BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top-up Degree
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top-up Degree is delivered online by NCC Education, validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). This programme has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector.
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top-up Degree is equivalent to the third year of a bachelor’s degree.
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top-up Degree is delivered online by NCC Education, validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire (abbreviated UCLan).
This programme equips students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise which prepares them for careers in senior management roles. The programme modules are designed to provide students with the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
The final year online top-up programme is a natural progression from our Level 5 Diploma in Computing or Level 5 Diploma in Business IT, currently offered by NCC Education as part of the top-up degree journey.
Upon successful completion of the degree, students are invited to attend their graduation ceremony at Preston Guild Hall in the UK.
Graduates can pursue careers in:
- IT Management/Consultancy
- Software Engineering
- Data Management
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems Management
Online via the NCC Education virtual learning environment (VLE)
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 2-3 years
Final year of the degree pathway completed full-time in one academic year
Students study five core units:
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Corporate Communication Systems Management
- Managing Information Systems Projects
- Information Systems Project
Students worldwide with the following qualifications are welcome to enrol today:
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
- NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (L5DBIT)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Computing
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Computing & Systems Development (Networking)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Information Systems ( Network Engineering)
- Edexcel HND Computing and Systems Development (QCF)
- ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing
- Informatics Diploma in IT and Advanced Diploma in IT
- Informatics International Advanced Diploma in Computing
- Any similar qualification approved by NCC Education and UCLan
- Professional Issues in IT – This module highlights the professional issues that impact the development, deployment, maintenance and use of computer systems. It equips students with the knowledge surrounding social, ethical and legal issues applicable to the IT field and also a working understanding of software quality.
- Network Security and Cryptography – This module provides students with the underlying theory and practical skills required to secure networks and to send data safely and securely over communications networks.
- Information Systems Analysis – This module equips students with a range of tools to analyse the function and requirements of information systems, as well as the skills to compare systems analysis models and to examine them in the wider context of the Internet and the social, economic and political climate of an organisation.
- Dynamic Websites – This module builds on existing knowledge of both databases and web design in order to build dynamic websites and also equips students with a range of skills to present content on the World Wide Web.
- Analysis, Design and Implementation – This module provides students with in-depth knowledge, skills and experience in the use of object-oriented techniques for the development of software. It develops students’ expertise in object-oriented analysis, design and coding, and the testing of systems.
- Database Design and Development – This module allows students to develop skills in the design and development of databases and database management systems, as well as investigating enterprise applications of databases.
- Agile Development – This module explores the processes, people, practices and principles of agile development systems. It prepares students for future trends in software development and reinforces their understanding of the information systems development process.
- Computing Project – This module provides students with the opportunity to utilise the skills needed to develop a computing artefact to solve a problem, which involves research, analysis, design, coding, testing and project management knowledge and expertise.
Assessment through examination and coursework assignments.
On completion of the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top-up Degree, graduates are eligible to apply for postgraduate and master’s degree study at institutions across the world.