DATA SCIENCE: INTRODUCTION
Overview and Objectives
Data Science: An Introduction
This course will provide learners with an understanding of how to think in a data-analytics way, conduct investigations on business activity, rigorously analyse data and communicate results. Students will learn how to present summarised findings to allow key stakeholders to make effective decisions.
The course is aimed at people with little to no experience in data science.
Hardware and Software Requirements
Hardware: Learners need access to computers with Internet access.
Software: Learners will have access to Python, IDE/Java/Java, IDE, spreadsheet, Software and access to SQL Fiddle.
The Learner will:
- Understand computer instructions and datatypes
- Know how to manage a digital project
- Understand how to solve problems with algorithms
- Be able to structure, manipulate and represent data
- Developing and Testing Programme Code
- Be able to create a database using SQL
- Use summary and inferential statistics to inform business decisions
- Understanding Data visualisation
- Understand Machine Learning Models
- Computer Instructions and Data
- Collecting and Analysing Data
- Understand how to solve problems with Algorithms -1
- Understand how to solve problems with Algorithms – 2
- Structure, Manipulate and Represent Data
- Developing and Testing Program Code
- Developing a Simple Database using SQL
- Data Retrieval with SQL
- Inferential Statistics – 1
- Inferential Statistics – 2
- Data Visualisation
- Data Science Project Lifecycle