Level 5 Diploma in Computing (with Business Management) (L5DC BM)
The Level 5 Diploma in Computing (with Business Management) (L5DC BM) (previously the Level 5 Diploma in Business IT (L5DBIT)) makes up the second year of the NCC Education degree journey and builds upon the knowledge gained during the NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (L4DBIT).
Students will be exposed to more advanced topics in a range of areas including information systems analysis, database development and the principles of business operations.
Students will study a balance of academic and vocational subjects in order to provide the necessary knowledge and skills to play a significant role in IT and business organisations.
On successful completion of the qualification, students will be able to complete the final year of a degree with the NCC Education Business Computing and Information Systems Top Up validated by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), the University of Greenwich Business Information Technology Top Up delivered at our Accredited Partner Centres, at one of the many universities that recognise NCC Education qualifications, or pursue a career in the IT industry.
NCC Education is accredited to award the Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England. Ofqual Qualification reference number 600/3049/5.
Students complete the following six core units
- Information Systems Analysis: This module equips students with a range of tools in order to analyse the function and requirements of information systems, as well as the skills to compare systems analysis models and to examine them in the wider context of the Internet and the social, economic and political climate of an organisation.
- Dynamic Websites: This module builds on existing knowledge of both databases and web design in order to build dynamic websites and also equips students with a range of skills to present content on the World Wide Web.
- Database Design and Development: This module allows students to develop skills in the design and development of databases and database management systems, as well as investigating enterprise applications of databases.
- Business IT Project: This module provides students with the opportunity to gain practical experience in developing system solutions to open-ended problems derived from the real world.
- Information Systems and Organisations: This module introduces students to the subject of information systems and technology in organisations, taking a broad perspective on how it can be managed effectively within the organisational context. Students will be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the role of information systems in the modem organisation, including the management of social, cultural and political aspects that are important to the successful adoption of technology.
- Principles of Business Operations: This module helps students to appreciate and understand business operations in both the manufacturing and services sectors. It will cover the basic principles of operations within a global context from three key perspectives: understanding operations, designing operations and managing operations.
Successful completion allows entry onto NCC Education’s final year top-up qualifications in Business Information Technology (further entry requirements may apply), or to a third year of many UK university degree courses, or enables you to pursue a career in the business and IT industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.